‘Tis the season for merriment and homemade Christmas cookies.
While you’re enjoying those delectable confections,
remember the season should be fun for everyone…including your family pet!
Here are a couple easy recipes for homemade treats for your favorite pooch or kitty...
Why should people have all the fun!
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups white flour
1 cup skim milk powder
1/2 cup pork dripping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix ingredients together with enough water to make a stiff dough.
3. Roll out and cut into Christmas shapes.
4. Bake on cookie sheet until hard.
Add chicken baby food and a little less water for more protein.
Substitute applesauce or unsalted broth instead of water to add more flavor.
Sprinkling in a few bacon bits is another flavor enhancer.
1 cup whole wheat flour
6 oz. can tuna in oil – undrained
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil or bacon grease
1. Combine all ingredients; mix well; add small amounts of water if mixture is too thick.
2. -Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4" thick
3. -Cut shapes out of dough with a cookie cutter and place 1" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. -Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until firm.
5. -Allow to cool on wire racks.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in freezer for up to 1 year